Covers: Anthology magazine issue four

Covers: Anthology magazine issue four
Life is not always a picnic, but as Anthology magazine's fourth issue suggests, we should take time out to immerse ourselves in the simple pleasures that nature begets (there's a reason God invented all this stuff, I think – knowing how much we take for granted but how much we need to feed on the great outdoors, and the recreational fun it encourages, to restore us to a bigger, brighter, awe-inspiring vision of the world outside the office and home*). For Aussies, the issue is a glimpse at the promise of a summer soon to come (perhaps too soon for some who prefer layers of heavy, woolly things over slips and sandals and cotton frocks? Not me! Tra-la!). 


*On that note, I immersed myself in the book of Job this morning; the guy who thought he had it all sorted out, and who lived life in a very good, respectable fashion, put in his place by the God of the universe who explains, "Where were you when I made the world? If you know so much, tell me about it. Who decided how large it would be? Who stretched the measuring line over it? Do you know all the answers?". Of course, says Job, 'No, no I don't'. "I talked about things I did not understand, about marvels too great for me to know... In the past I knew only what others had told me, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. So I am ashamed of all I have said and repent in dust and ashes." How humbling for a bumbling blogger to contemplate. Thank God for grace.
 
Girl With a Satchel

0 comments: